Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 5: Excellente week, as Ramone said after our last session today. Wish Austin and I felt that way. It has been a very long week for us, but have to agree with Ramone that it was a very productive week in the therapy department. Austin and I are homesick and both miss the comforts of our own home, and of course our family, friends and routines. We know that this is a small sacrifice we need to make for the next month so Austin will have a chance at a new life. It is worth it!! Austin worked alot on balancing exercises today and was so scared he would shake at times, but his brain was accepting the input and putting his body to work. I wanted to cry and chant a cheer for Austin all at the same time. We hope to do some sight seeing tomorrow with anther family that stays at the same B & B as us. We are excited to do something other than therapy. What a nice break. First week done and doing well.

2 comments:

aunt pam said...

Oh Erika I wish I were there with the two of you just to hug you both for all of your hard work. You are not alone, I think God is watching over you both. I hope you know that all of us at home are praying like crazy for you both and I hope you can feel the hugs i am sending. Good job, both of you for one week down. Love, kisses and hugs. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Love Auntie

mamamia said...

I know how hard it is to be away from home on your own. When you get back, you will cherish that amazing month in Chile and all the progress Austin makes. One week down, three left to go (and only two until your husband comes :))