Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 4: Well it was a good/bad day for Austin and I. I beleive we are sleep deprived, hence Austin's fussiness. I hope it is that and not the beginning of an ear infection or something like that. Although I was assured by my friend Oula here that the doctors are very good if I have to take him. Lets hope it doesn't come down to that. Austin was very mad again at therapy, but him and his brain cooperated their best. Ramone said he is happy/satisfied with 75 percent of the exercises Austin did today. He said he is sending Austin's brain the messages and it is up to the brain to accept them or not! I'm rooting for the acceptance part personally. Austin did alot of exercises today with just the ankles being held, and sometimes only one needing to be held. Yeah!! That is very exciting. Ramone beleives that if the child can cooperate with just an ankle hold, the brain is doing 100 percent of the work which means... the ability to be able to walk on his own. Yeah Austin!!! Keep going. You can do it! The cheer of the day when we are at therapy. We went to the park today and walked around. Austin wanted nothing to do with sitting on the grass, so we walked and watched the soccer players and the boys riding their BMX bikes on their ramps. When we came back with went with our friends to a new mall to look around. That is our adventure for today.

2 comments:

littledeb said...

HURRAY AUSTIN IM SOOOOO PROUD. GO AUSTIN GO!!

ERIKA YOU ARE AMAZING! IT MAKES ME CRY READING ABOUT HIM. I'LL KEEP PRAYING.

LOVE YOU
DEB

aunt pam said...

You are more of a woman than you realize. wow, I am so impressed and proud of you. Here we go Austin, here we go (isn't that a browns chant?) Keep going little guy, give it all you got. And Erika, I pray for you and our church prayer chain is praying for and cheering for austin. It is a group of little old ladies and they asked me to update them. They are so cute. Hugs to you both. Love ya, Auntie.