Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 10 of therapy, a day late. Austin's intensive therapy sure lives up to it's name. I feel the intensity for him. Last day of week two went really well. One of the first exercises Austin did on the second session of the day, amazed us all even Ramone. To make a long story short and without the video to show it, Ramone put Austin in a standing position after performing a cool in the air twist with him. When Austin extended his body in the air (a reflex babies have at the age of about 9 months) he then set Austin on his feet. Austin performed a 500 count stand independently. Five hundred counts in this therapy amount to about four minutes time. It was a record for both Ramone and Austin. Austin's brain is remembering things. What a great accomplishment.
As a treat for Austin and I, we were invited to dinner by another parent and Ramone's daughter. What a great evening, well for the most part. The company was great, Austin on the other hand had a complete break down the whole time in the restaurant. Thank god the parent that we went with had been at this place a million times since she lived in the hotel for 10 months and they knew her and her daughter very well. The staff was very sympathetic to my situation, I on the other hand was about to die. I had ZERO control over Austin at that time. I did not come prepared for dinner out, which was my problem. If I would have brought the DVD player, (our babysitter)we probally would have been fine. I've learned a lesson....never travel without it!!!! Having a spare pacifier might have helped to, since Austin completely chewed through the one he had in his fit of rage. Everyone understood but me. Although I had some issues with Austin, it overall was a nice dinner (eating with one hand and pushing the stroller back and forth with the other). The company was great and I made some new friends, who by the way are great resources of information and they speak American.
Austin and I are going with some friends new and old out and about today, wtih dinner later tonight (dvd player charged, and the extra stinky binky in the bag). Tomorrow our usual routine of Starbucks and people watching at the mall. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

mamamia said...

Sooo stressful when they are throwing fits in a restaurant- I'm glad you got to go out though! I love Claudia! That is so impressive- I know just the move you are talking about - and to a count of 500. Isn't it funny that everything in therapy is measured by the numbers- I got obsessed with Mia's numbers :)