Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 13. Well either I was really tired yesterday or getting old and senile, but I can't remember how last nights session was.....sorry. It must have just been "okay."
Today started off rough this morning for therapy. After the first session, Ramon's words were......"I hope we have a better afternoon session", not something I was hoping to hear. Austin faught so hard this morning with Ramon. He actually was fighting against him. Ramon's response to that was...."In my 39 years of working, I have never had someone fight me this hard, especially someone with so much potential." He also told me not to worry, he thinks out loud and he wants to explain things to me, but this only makes him think harder, and now needs to figure out how to overcome the power Austin is giving. Session two went very well...who would of thought after Austin fell asleep literally 5 minutes before the therapy session was to start. He was sleeping when I took him in. Ramone did a little acupuncture technique on Austin and instantly Austin was wide awake. How cool to see. Austin then had a great session. He did so good and cooperated very well. No fighting from the brain this time or Austin. I was so glad to see that since Ramon's thumb was hurting him so bad, and Austin was going to be his last client for the day. Glad to see Austin and his brain are considerate of others. The story of the day. More later.

5 comments:

aunt pam said...

I hope you both get your needed rest. Come on austin, you can do it, i know you can. Erika keep the faith, you are so strong.

april,nick,bryce,and addi said...

Hey Erika and Austin,
Just wanted to say hello. Even though we don't write comments all the time, we look forward to reading your blog everyday. Glad to hear you are living in more comfortable living quarters now. Thank goodness for air conditioning!

mamamia said...

Erika-

Don'y worry- you and your husband will be able to do this together. Although it's hard work and takes a lot of practice- it is so amazing when you can see the results at home as well! Never as good as Ramon but you will get the hang of it- and get some buff arms too :)

AnnMarie said...

I hope today is a better day for therapy. Sorry to hear you hit a rough patch yesterday. And hey, I finally figured out how to blog.

Aunt Pat & Uncle Brian said...

Hi Erika,
We think of you and Austin everyday you are in our prayers nightly. Come on little fella you can do it!