Sunday, March 1, 2009

Austin and I ventured out on our own today. What a great day we had. We started off at the park which was so beautiful. We were surrouded by the Andes mountains and lots of families playing with their children. it was a nice day out probally around 85 degrees with a light breeze. After that we ventured to the mall and walked around. Payed for my first transaction in pesos today. I thought I did very well. I was so proud of myself. I ordered by Te verde frappachino. The cashier then asked me where I was from, when I told her she said "Grand Canyon". I guess I need to work on the accent part. It must have given it away I wasn't from Chile. Went to Tony Roma's for my dinner and saw an English menu, thought I was in luck. When I went to order nobody there knew English. Go figure. Pointing was my savior!!! We start therapy tomorrow at 7:45. I'm very excited and I think Austin is going to love to be able to move around in a bigger area again. I think I'm getting a hang of this Chile thing, and I hope it keeps getting better.

1 comment:

Giancola's said...

Hola! So happy you and Austin made it to Chile w/o difficulties - except for the Visa. There is always something. Anyway, I can't wait to hear about the therapy and how things are going. We are thinking of you and wish you all the best. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and look forward to hearing all the wonderful reports. Love, Vanessa, Nate and Alyssa