Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 3
Therapy in Santiago

Well, as I sit here writing about Austin's day, I just found out that there was a 5.7 eartquake in Valprasio, Chile, which is 80 or 90 miles away from us. Luckily we felt nothing. We were in the therapy office with Austin. Thank goodness. If I would have felt that, I think I would have been in panic mode. So, on to Austin and the reason we are here. Austin was determined this morning to play the sitting game with Ramon during therapy, luckily a quarter of the way through he had a change of heart. Ramon was able to connect with Austin and his mind and has now figured out a key to working with Austin. He figured out how to handle Austin's insecurities and how fast he can change movements with Austin to make him feel comfortable and enjoy being in an upright position. I knew Ramon was Austin's miracle. Austin just needs to figure that out! The afternoon was a great session and I was actually able to video tape some of it and I will post tomorrow. Buenas Noches!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me to read this blog it is awesome and inspiring!